Mozilla Firefox 3.1 Beta 1 Released; Faster Than Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

(Gecko:22890): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtksocket.c: line 331: assertion `GTK_WIDGET_ANCHORED (socket)' failed
Segmentation Fault

kelfen

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
Firefox is not all that great for example what do you need to download firefox, Internet explorer. every freakin time I want to dl some thing firefox gives me crap about file type thinkin its a dumb addon.

G

BTW, the article has an important type - it is about:config not about.configconfig

crimsonfilms

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2006
Until they fix:

1. The silly 'all mighty' address bar
2. Flash video (especially with sessions)

i am staying on FF 2.

FF3 is freaking bloated!!

seboj

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
1. The silly 'all mighty' address bar

You should check out Ubiquity.

Try it out, it's an amazing little add-on with unlimited potential.

That is, unless you hate cool stuff that makes your life easier. If that's you, than don't try it out. Just go back home and keep watching Family Feud reruns.

xnem3s1sx

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
2787.6 milliseconds?... I got 1444.8ms +/- 5.0%, with 2 dl's in the background, antivirus, Aim, 11 windows, and installing the new GeForce Drivers.

crimsonfilms

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2006
That is, unless you hate cool stuff that makes your life easier. If that's you, than don't try it out. Just go back home and keep watching Family Feud reruns.

How is the FF3 address bar make your life easy?
The suggestion engine is counter intuitive. You need to go to the about:config to even make it remotely behave like FF2. It has bloated graphical change that is at best unnecessary. It eats more resource than FF2 on the same website and number of tabs open. It made TabBrowser incompatible yet does not offer the same control.

Basically, FF3 took the MS approach to 'upgrade' - we tell you how to browse.

And BTW- not everything 'new' is cool. And not everything 'cool' is needed. I use a browser to browse the web. Not to be a cool kid in a playground.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Through my experience using both FF2 and FF3, I find FF3 feels quite a bit faster. I only have 2GB of ram and I never have problems with it being a hog. FF2 was way worse, it would just suck up memory and refuse to let it go.

G

I use FF3, but in interface, I like IE more. I use FF3 cause it's a LOT more faster than any other browser.
if IE was faster...

Status
Not open for further replies.