Mozilla Firefox will not play videos

gizmoseed

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
I have been stuck like this for a while now, I am not clever at all with computers yet have managed to download/ update everything suggested to try and help and have no conflictions with Kaspersky as far as I can see but to no avail. It just started doing it one day and will play no videos on any site at anytime?

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Does Internet Explorer play videos?

On Firefox, go to any random video on youtube. Right-click on the video and press settings, there should be a little window that shows up, on it there should be a check box with the words "enable hardware acceleration" or something similar. check it, or uncheck it if it was already checked. Exit Firefox, open another video, and see if the problem has been resolved.

Good luck,

gizmoseed

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
Does Internet Explorer play videos?

On Firefox, go to any random video on youtube. Right-click on the video and press settings, there should be a little window that shows up, on it there should be a check box with the words "enable hardware acceleration" or something similar. check it, or uncheck it if it was already checked. Exit Firefox, open another video, and see if the problem has been resolved.

Good luck,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Internet explorer does play videos but it is a real pain in the arse mismatch for speed, use and could cause a possible confliction I had before which some online tech guy took 30+ mins to sort out a bring my comp back from being a brick. I still don't understand even now but I know I was told I should just not use it! I tried what you said the box was already ticked, I un-ticked it came out went back, did'nt work, re-ticked it went out again just to clutch at straws but it did'nt work. Same as usual: in you tube it says 'An error occurred. Please try again later'. With everything else it is just blank where the vid should be?

Any more ideas please.......

gizmoseed

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
just to be sure, you reinstalled(clean install, by uninstalling first) firefox, and flashplayer?

Do you mean uninstall firefox and flashplayer then reinstall it to make sure its done itself properly, if thats what you mean I have already done that.

gizmoseed

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
just to be sure, you reinstalled(clean install, by uninstalling first) firefox, and flashplayer?

Do you mean uninstall firefox and flashplayer then reinstall it to make sure its done itself properly? If thats what you mean I have already done that.