Mozilla is Building a 3D Gaming Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
With google using chrome as an OS and pushing the browser in that direction it makes sense that firefox is building this direction. With it almost working in chrome and if developed further it could eventually evolve into a windows dx rival. Mobile and browser games are huge and anything that encourages bedroom modders is welcome. Sounds like it could all fall flat or be many years off but its would be a massive step forward for the model google are pushing.

digiex

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
If these web 3d engines will succeed, it will be a major triumph for the Chrome OS and it will make Windows irrelevant.

isn't it that Mozilla is building its own web based OS?

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Haserath[/nom]Gladius- *switches the iu with an o*We're doomed, aren't we?[/citation]

This is a triumph.....

jryan388

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
So Mozilla is trying to make an open web-based engine for their browser only? Seems pretty counter-intuitive; I thought the point was "open"...

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Haserath[/nom]Gladius- *switches the iu with an o*We're doomed, aren't we?[/citation]First thing that crossed my mind.

I'm making a note here...

...huge success.

pieroxy

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
Has anyone seen RescueFox actually work? I have tested it on 6 different machines, all running the latest FF7 with no luck at all. I just see a blank page. Is it like WebGL? Supported only on gaming machines with monstruous graphic cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.