Mozilla Releases Critical Fix for Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

ionut19

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
Zone alarm pro says it is not safe to download Firefox v3.6.2 from their site :)) (the first time). Now it says it is ok:).

opmopadop

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
[citation][nom]ionut19[/nom]Zone alarm pro says it is not safe to download Firefox v3.6.2 from their site ) (the first time). Now it says it is ok.[/citation]

People still use Zone Alarm?

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Too late, even though the default browser for Ubuntu 9.10 was Firefox 3.5.8 that was not affected by the bug I switched to Google Chrome for Debian/Ubuntu. Much faster.

kr33py

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
It's a shame i use to really like Firefox...seems like there having a few problems i used it for 3 years.

Recently moved to Chrome just seems a lot faster.

masterjaw

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
I think I've given up to Firefox but when I noticed that Adblock plus isn't as effective as it is in Firefox so I returned to Firefox again. It is noticeably slower than Chrome but I think I can live with that.

perzy

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2007
If you like Crome take a look at SRWare Iron. It's crome without google spying on everything you do. They simply stripped out the spying parts.

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
FireFox gaining more market share only prolongs the inevitable as with any software. Be-it slower, IE8 is still among the most secured for its market share size.

You can have a sealed titanium house but if you leave the door open or forget to lock it, there's no point in all that steel walls. In otherwords, you can't remove the "human" out of the equation or you can take the humans out of Stupidville but you cannot take the stupid out of humans.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]perzy[/nom]If you like Crome take a look at SRWare Iron. It's crome without google spying on everything you do. They simply stripped out the spying parts.[/citation]
Not true. It is true there is a box you can tick off under options that will provide statistics to Google (default is off in Linux) but that is an option.
My Ubuntu has a similar feature that you can select and scan your hardware and I don't think Ubuntu is spying on me.
If you want FED approved spyware use Windows and IE.
Chrome was the winner for security in the test (sandbox design) revealed right here at Tom's a few months back too.

HolyCrusader

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
Chrome is faster than Firefox, but less flexible when it comes to plug-ins. There are several plug-ins I run with Firefox that are simply not available to Chrome, or any other browser for that matter.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]kr33py[/nom]It's a shame i use to really like Firefox...seems like there having a few problems i used it for 3 years.Recently moved to Chrome just seems a lot faster.[/citation]

Strange, lot of comments I about switching to Chrome, funny thing is I switched over to Chrome as well. FF was really slow on my online class, literally 15~20 seconds to load a forum.

steiner666

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
i had FF and chrome both installed and used them both for a while. I didnt noticed any significant speed difference, other than that chrome launches a second or two faster, yippee. I also installed it on the kids computer for a while but that didnt last long as i ended up having to uninstall it because spybot started finding all sorts of stuff every time i ran it on that PC whereas with just FF it would stay clean for weeks on end. I've also noticed this on customers PCs. It might be that FF users are just more knowledgeable in general and use better common sense, but chrome/IE seems to be like an open door for malware.

I'll stick with my FF with ad-block plus, noscript, web of trust and other add-ons i really couldnt stand to be without. Even if FF did load pages slower (which it doesnt, especially with pipelining enabled), it would still be much faster for me to use due to how i have everything customized the way i want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.