Mozilla Shows Off Awesome Smartphone Concept

Status
Not open for further replies.

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
I can see people would start projecting onto the windshield while 'driving', and you would see them constantly tapping on the windows. :D

G

Eh, it seems a little over-the-top to me. While cool, is it really that practical to have a projector and infrared keyboard in a phone? How useful is the pointing device really going to be, except maybe for when it's in projector mode? If I'm holding the phone, I'd rather use a touchscreen or stylus.

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
i rarely stand in line for anything, i would camp out in line for this thing. battery like must suck though when using it full blast.

Raid3r

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Its moving the realms of what we have and expounding upon them. Its all obvious..just never been done for reasons?

rantsky

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
I love Mozilla, but I for one think they got it all wrong. Smartphones are used on the go, on the sofa, maybe in bed, rarely on a desk. Once you're near a desk, you most likely have a computer there. So, I see very little value in the projected keyboard. Moreover, if I were in a position where I actually needed a full keyboard connected to my phone, I think I would really prefer an ordinary docking station with a real keyboard attached. It is just so much more convenient to work with.

Also, I don't care much for the shape of this phone. It may be nice to grip, but seems really bad in the pocket I think.

The video projector is cool for watching movies and stuff though.

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
Interesting !!!
Well,,it is a CONCEPT, work in progress, might come in handy for those times when there is no computer handy, question is what about battery life,eh what???,,,,,,..:)

aaron92

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
This is a true innovation of the smartphone and shows the capabilties of our technology.

This would most likely be immeasurably useful in Business situations and even for social gatherings.

decode

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
Looks like a iPhone killer to me, I'm thinking we'll hear in a few weeks of nokia etc partnering up with google to make this a reality. don't you think?

What would the OS be? SeabirdOS MozillaOS or just a modified linux smartphone version?

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
I don't want it. I NEED IT.

Next day: Apple or some other cell phone company license the idea and sues Mozilla for copyright infringement.

Status
Not open for further replies.