MS office disk ??

Sandyserf

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2002
I had my pc built with Windows XP Pro. I like using MS Access. When I went to the gallery to change the "talking paper clip" to talking dog (I know, not cool !) it says that feature is not currently installed. Do I want to install it? When I say yes, it tells me that the feature I am trying to use is on a CDRom or other removeable disk that is not available. Insert Microsoft Office XP Pro w/ Front Page disk and click ok. The thing I can't figure out is I got MS Access. Excel, FrontPage 2002, Power Point, etc. with Windows XP Pro but don't have a CDRom to insert so I can change my options. What's the deal ? Since I already have these programs do I have to buy something else ? Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks...Sandyserf

snotling

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
if you click too fast after inserting the disk, then it will not be ready to be read.

another thing, the message telle you to insert disk one, or two... insert the right one.

finaly, never again install ms office with "standard" install, always personalyse and select for each programs you want to use: to be run ENTIRELY form the hard disk. you sould get much less demands for the CDs