MSFT Announces 10 Windows Phone 7 Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

What? They removed tethering and serious user configurability. Trying to copy Apple and pandering to iSheep I hope and expect MSFT to fail miserably.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]SJobss[/nom]What? They removed tethering and serious user configurability. Trying to copy Apple and pandering to iSheep I hope and expect MSFT to fail miserably.[/citation]
You hope they fail?
Scum, you should hope they succeed so they can draw a more competative marketplace for everyone
BTW, Android users are just as much sheep as iPhone users now so comment=fail

naterandrews

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
Dell Venue Pro is completely drool worthy. Nice sized screen with 5MP camera AND a full QWERTY? Sign me up!

I may actually ditch my Pre Plus finally, though stomaching TMO over Verizon would be difficult..

toallthehaters

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2010
I hope they bring healthy competition but I have to be convinced. MS hard at work playing catch up. Like a science fair, they wait until everyone shows up and quickly conjure up something. If it fails I won't be surprised since they are sooooo F'ing late to the party.

g00ey

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]You hope they fail?Scum, you should hope they succeed so they can draw a more competative marketplace for everyoneBTW, Android users are just as much sheep as iPhone users now so comment=fail[/citation]
When speaking of that, I really hope Nokia will pursue their MeeGo platform that they develop together with Intel and eventually succeed with it. Most applications that run in Linux will run in MeeGo and does run in Nokia's current Maemo.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]You hope they fail?Scum, you should hope they succeed so they can draw a more competative marketplace for everyone[/citation]Competition usually doesn't require software companies suing manufacturers that refuse to use their software. Can anyone name which phone OS developer was suing Motorola?

MotionMan

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
I had the ATT Tilt phone which used MS OS 6.x.

Though I'm very familiar with Microsoft operating sytsems on my laptop and desktop computers it was such a pain to find files or figure out how to make configuration changes on my Tilt phone (searching for file after file on a phone with a really obfuscated OS) that I'll never buy another Microsoft OS based phone.

I would be surprised if Microsoft gets this one right.

G

10 phones not to buy. Dont know why anyone would trust MSFT after winmo 6.5

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Easy app programing integration into Visual Studio for VB and C# would be awesome. My limited PC programming skills are in those two so it would be great to see.

Silent cheer for hardware programmers who are stuck in C and assembly!

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
i agree that competition is good, but everything is so separated and propitiatory. apples special connector, every platform has its own language to be programmed in, it BAD. standard USB, one (or at least support) a common language, SD slots, and the ability to install apps outside of the "app store/market/whatever".

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]You hope they fail?Scum, you should hope they succeed so they can draw a more competative marketplace for everyoneBTW, Android users are just as much sheep as iPhone users now so comment=fail[/citation]

what is the point of competition if it is achieved by releasing an identical device... its like the Simpson episode where the two presidential candidates are identical twins... guess that makes android the alien!

please... ANYONE... explain to me HOW wp7 is any different to the iphone... I hate the iphone, so I don't care if the 'iphone clone' market is getting more competitive...

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
[citation][nom]ikefu[/nom]Easy app programing integration into Visual Studio for VB and C# would be awesome. My limited PC programming skills are in those two so it would be great to see.Silent cheer for hardware programmers who are stuck in C and assembly![/citation]

you could try not being a n00b? for us who know c/c++, which is everyone in the games industry. it is preferred, but most importantly, it is much more STANDARD across the platforms... MS is the ONLY one who uses c#, so it is actually a MASSIVE pain for any cross platform dev.

G

Microshaft as a company has severely lost the plot!

They can't even get an operating system right, and now they are cloning phones...Give me a break! You actually think this phone is going to work?

Wakeup MS, get you operating system right FIRST, then think about other things.

The LAST thing I want is a phone with ANYTHING Microshaft in it!

Good luck with that!

Status
Not open for further replies.