MSFT Gambling $100 Bills on WP7 Speed Tests in Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppumkin

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
Yea so he is using some custom quad core arm 1.5ghz in a crappy WP7 case.. and has about 40 phones charging under the table and swaps them between bets.. Cheaky sod.

Dandalf

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
Oh god I'd love to turn up with a rooted device that I'd manually overclocked, just to see the look on his face when he is beaten by a Galaxy S II running at 1.75ghz...

G

I'm going to challenge him to a throw in the ground test vs my candy bar phone which isn't worth the sum of its parts. Fastest speed hitting the ground wins.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]aaron88_7[/nom]Too bad hackers will just as quickly be able to exploit a weakness in the Windows coding and steal that $100 before you even see it[/citation]
Geeze guys, learn to take a joke. You know it secretly made you laugh inside!

JasonAkkerman

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2008
Does this include overclocked phones with custom ROMs?
I have seen some slick ROMs in my days. A friend of mine has a nice SGS2 at 1.6Ghz that is really fast.

robluft

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
This is a great marketing approach and I will laugh my ass off if these videos make it to some commercial spots.

It does say a lot about their confidence if they are willing to put WP7 head-to-head at "the" tech conference.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
Great ethical marketing on Microsoft's part to make a point unlike say Apple who's marketing is down right deceptive more secure please they get hacked into quickest only people they are are fooling are the naive people that wouldn't know the difference between Ford and a Lamborghini.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]Dandalf[/nom]Oh god I'd love to turn up with a rooted device that I'd manually overclocked, just to see the look on his face when he is beaten by a Galaxy S II running at 1.75ghz...[/citation]And then it catches fire. You're up $100 though!

Status
Not open for further replies.