Solved! MSI APACHE PRO GE62 - pop up error - help please

scerab

Estimable
Aug 2, 2015
Hello everyone and thank you for checking out my post. So I have an MSI APACHE PRO GE62 6QD LAPTOP, MODEL MS-1655. Here are the specs:
* INTEL CORE i7-6700MQ 6TH GEN QUAD CORE CPU 2.60GHz/TURBO 3.50GHz
* 15.6" FHD DISPLAY @ 1920x1080
* NVIDIA GTX 960M 2GB GDDR5 DEDICATED GPU
* 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM
* INTEL DUAL BAND AC WIFI + BLUETOOTH 4.0
* 1TB HDD
* BACKLIT KEYBOARD
* WEBCAM
* 1 x USB 3.1 GEN 2 (TYPE C)
* DVD+RW Optical Drive
* 2 x USB 3.1 PORTS
* DISPLAY PORT

I have two issues with this laptop and would appreciate your input, suggestions and reconditions.

The first issue is with this error that pops up and reads “:( your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. You can restart” the screen turns blue and a bar code also is present. I will try to post a screenshot of this.

The second issue is with the hard drive temperature. On speecy, the processor and video card never over heat. However, the hitachi hard drive does reach and maintain temperatures ranging between 45-55 throughout gaming sessions. I have a cooling pad that I use. I can feel the left palm rest getting warm during play sessions. Could this be the issues?

Thank you very much.
59E113D0-6B9E-478E-856C-72A346489730.jpeg
[/URL][/img]

Solution
Looks like the BSOD has something to do with your Synaptics (touchpad) driver. Uninstall it and try the native Windows one, or you can try reinstalling/updating from MSI's website.

The Hitachi drive's temperature looks fine.

scerab

Estimable
Aug 2, 2015

Thank you for checking out my post.
I was playing a total war game for about an hour, keeping a watchful eye on the temperatures. Then I closed the game, and started browsing when this blue screen popped up. It only popped up once but freaked me out.