Solved! Msi cx61 uuupgrade

Solution
It is technically possible since your i5 is socketed and not soldered, but you may run into thermal and/or bios support issues. You would also only really see a difference in multi-threaded apps and or multi tasking.

If your objective is to make the system snappier you may want to think about upgrading to an SSD if the system is still booting from a HDD.
Sep 26, 2019
Thank you very much! Somebody has seemingly the same laptop as me, so I asked the question. Is it generally possible to exchange an i5 for an i7, or is it possible to replace my old i5 for a new one for faster performance, because my laptop is quite old and slow and so on.

bignastyid

Splendid
It is technically possible since your i5 is socketed and not soldered, but you may run into thermal and/or bios support issues. You would also only really see a difference in multi-threaded apps and or multi tasking.

If your objective is to make the system snappier you may want to think about upgrading to an SSD if the system is still booting from a HDD.

Solution

bignastyid

Splendid
For gaming you are more limited by the GPU(GT 920m) than the cpu and there isn't really anything you can do about that.

As for not feeling as fast as it was when you got it a clean reinstall or SSD upgrade could help alleviate that. But will usually have little impact on gaming performance.