MSI D AND R keyboard problem

hardtech

Estimable
Apr 13, 2014
Hi MSI and tech People,

My user is facing issue with D and R letters in keyboard, I tried many researches and came up with few minute/ hour working solution.

I tried removing synaptics, it ried removing steel series enginer, i installed both from msi, still the issue persists...Windows update is also done...

On all above the letters D and R mainly works for few minutes then it stops working...External keyboard works fine all the time..

What is the working soltuion?

Model -MSI GE62VR
i7 HQ 6th gen pprocessor
16GB RAM
GeForce® GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 with desktop level performance
128GB SSD +1 TB HDD
Windows 10

Jun 1, 2018
I have exactly the same issue, same laptop (GE62VR) but with different specs:
i6300HQ processor
16GB RAM
GTX 1060 3GB
512GB SSD + 1TB HDD
Windows 10

For me this started about 3 months ago (in May) when my Q, D and R keys stopped working properly. These keys still worked when pressed simultaneously with another key (with shift for example). Somehow they started working normally again 3 days later. This restarted 3 weeks ago, and I still have the same issue. External keyboard works fine, and it has to be a problem with the key itself as changing the keyboard layout to AZERTY makes the A not work.

I was wondering if you'd been in touch with MSI to have your keyboard repared and if this solved the issue or not, as this is probably what I'm going to do.

Jun 1, 2018
I didn't do anything, it randomly started working again. Sometimes I have to press the key a little longer, sometimes it stops working completely like before, but it always eventually goes back to normal after 2 or 3 days