Solved! MSI Gaming Laptop help (featuring specific game settings query)

Mattybagguley

Commendable
Jun 6, 2017
Hi All,,

Long time lurker not very often poster, I currently have the following laptop:

MSI GE73 7RD(Raider)-007UK, Intel Core i7-7700HQ Quad Core Processor, 17.3" Full HD 120Hz Screen, Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD + 1000GB HDD, Dedicated GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB Graphics, USB3 | HDMI | Bluetooth | DisplayPort, Steelseries Backlit Full Colour Keyboard, 9S7-17C312-007

And with the above rig I run pretty much all and every game with no issues whatsoever. I recently have bought The Golf Club 2019 and although the settings mean I can run the game on high settings I have a couple of issues that the forum may be able to help with.

The frame rate tends to run around 80 fps or more but jumps lower for a very split second (but enough to be noticable and disruptive) when the bal isl in the air (very minor), occasionally at ball striking on a 2nd or approach shot but most of all when the ball just rolls by the hole on a missed putt or successful putt - this is frequent. I have still got my settings on high but played around with the advanced graphics but the issues I seem to be having don't appear to be anything grahpic related.

Lastly the game seems to absolutely work my laptop hard - my specs are more than good enough but it seems to heat up a lot more on TGC than other games - this could just be me being over cautious however - is there a definitive way to check this to make sure it's not abnormal? Like I say it could be every game heats the same and I have just noticed it more on TGC.

I have seen on a couple of posts about downloading software that will fix my FPS at say 60 - would this be worth it?

Any tips would be welcome?

TRENDING THREADS