MSI GE73VR-7RF Low Fps Issue In Some Game Platforms

bsoner07

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
I bought this laptop at the end of august, after 3 months I realized a huge gap between the reviews of the same laptop in some platforms. For example a guy who tests PUBG with this laptop gets 70-85 fps and i only get 20-30 fps, most of steam games have a huge fps difference compared to same model. These examples can be expanded such as a guy that test GTA V in ultra gets 100 fps average where I only get 30 fps and when I am playing cs go I get 90-120 fps which makes no sense with GTX 1070 and I even get fps freeze for 1-2 seconds after I die or sudden stuff like that... At first I thought it is about the hardware but when I tried Overwatch, I understood that it is about the platforms because in ultra settings I got 150-160 fps average which is pretty same with the other GE73VR laptops. My question is why am I getting an obvious fps drop in Steam games and League Of Legends when there is no problem with blizzard games and is there any way to solve it?
PS:I controlled that each Application uses GPU not the CPUs graphic card. I made a clean installation of my graphics cars driver, before that I also was experiencing lower fps problem in Overwatch too. I also realized that the Geforce Experience doesn't see Overwatch but GTA V, PUBG, CS:GO and other Steam games like that

Solution

Apparrently it "probably" seems to be a problem about the intersection of Nvidia, Intel and MSI Dragon Centers battery options(probably about the MSI Dragon Center). When i uninstalled the dragon center i got 70 fps from GTA V ultra and 70-90 fps in PUBG ultra. So now on it seems to be okay and working perfectly.
To sum up if you are a user of any MSI Gaming Laptop user and experiencing low fps problems in Steam Games or LoL I suggest you to uninstall the MSI...

Mark RM

Estimable
Jul 16, 2014
Try this
1.Go to NVIDIA control panel > 3 D settings > manage 3 D settings.
2.Program settings > add the .exe file of the game > set the power management mode to prefer maximum performance.
3.Click on Apply, close the control panel, launch the game and check if it helps.

bsoner07

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017

Apparrently it "probably" seems to be a problem about the intersection of Nvidia, Intel and MSI Dragon Centers battery options(probably about the MSI Dragon Center). When i uninstalled the dragon center i got 70 fps from GTA V ultra and 70-90 fps in PUBG ultra. So now on it seems to be okay and working perfectly.
To sum up if you are a user of any MSI Gaming Laptop user and experiencing low fps problems in Steam Games or LoL I suggest you to uninstall the MSI Dragon Center in order to get full performance of your device.
PS:I also tried two other things,first one was changing the performance settings in Intels Graphic options and the second one i did was going to Settings>Gaming>Trueplay and opening it, this also might have fixed my issue.
Thanks for your reply anyways :)

Solution
May 5, 2018

Hello (English isn't my language so sorry if there are mistakes)
I have the same laptop as you, and I have the same problem that you had. So I tried to uninstalled Dragon Center as you did, but no changes... If you did something else please tell me.