MSI GS60 6QE-010UK freezes inconsistently but regularly. Any ideas? (details in thread)

StrangeYellow

Commendable
Jun 19, 2016
Hi,

I have been having this problem for a number of months now but am only just getting round to seeking assistance.

I have an MSI GS60 6QE-010UK which was purchased on the 28th December. It worked without fault up until around March, at which point when running Hearthstone(Blizzard game that does not require masses of processing power) the laptop will completely freeze - this is not just the Hearthstone program but the laptop entirely including the cursor being unresponsive.

The only way to correct this problem is by holding down the power button until the laptop switches off and then to turn it on again - something that I doubt is particularly good for the hardware.

On 2 occasions at the start of the freezing happening I heard a clicking sound which indicated it was perhaps the hard drive however after the first 2 freezes this sound no longer occurs and it simply freezes without warning whatsoever.

I have a Havit cooling pad and dont believe that overheating is the issue however I havent ruled this out.

I dont care to play any other games which means I havent tested out the laptop with other games however this may be something I should do but I dont believe that it would be the actual Hearthstone game crashing the laptop?

These freezes can happen multiple times a day and it is getting to the point where I am not happy to play ranked games on the laptop as when it freezes it is 50/50 if I can reload the game in time before I have been completely disconnected from the game. Somewhat frustrating as you can imagine.

Is there any way to work out what is causing these freezes?

Thanks for any assistance!

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... Can you boot to Windows?
let's see what the OS is reporting as the error... Right click computer-manage-Windows logs-system.... Click on the "RED" errors, for more information... and files/drivers/Apps, comments/suggestions/information associated with them B )

Posting screen images from here will help me, help you faster... But copy and posting text will work too B )

StrangeYellow

Commendable
Jun 19, 2016

Hi Ironsounds,

Thanks for your response. I am not 100% on what you are after but I hope that this might be it?

germoi375

EDIT: The image is not displaying. Link to image: https://postimg.org/image/germoi375/

As you can see; this situation happens frequently but without pattern.

If this is not what you were looking for then perhaps a more detailed explanation of where to find what you are asking for could be provided?

Thanks!

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... THX great img... Kernels 41 means the OS was not powered down properly... the Power supply, Power supply switch, MB hardware... fast test and Fix here would be another a New Power Supply OR checking all your Power Supply connections to the MB and hardware connected to it... B /

StrangeYellow

Commendable
Jun 19, 2016
Hi Iron,

The reason the system was not powered down properly was because I have to hold down the power button as the entire system freezes (detailed in my original post). This is therefore not the challenge as this is controlled and the only way to restart the system. The challenge is that the system freezes entirely.

Perhaps you are able to revisit the original post and there may be a way to understand the error that occurs prior to having to power down?

Kind regards

Clint_7

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016
I've got the same problem. Freezes about once a week, sometimes all I'm doing is browsing the web. Using a MSI GS60 ghost pro 002. Let me know if you figure anything out.