MSI GS60 Ghost or wait for Lenovo Y50

Status
Not open for further replies.

juve9le

Estimable
Apr 16, 2014
Hello the community!

I've been playing a few games on my laptop recently. However it is not really adapted for that and I would like to switch to another one.

I do not want a desktop right now since I play "on the go" and do not want/need a full desk optimized for gaming.

I was wondering if I should wait for the Lenovo y50 or even the y40. Or should I go ahead and buy the MSI GS60 Ghost, although I find it a lil pricey right now.

What's your opinion on that guys?

Best

Juve

Solution
I've tried the MSI GS60 Ghost in person, and it's definitely as thin and light as they say. However, I noticed a lot of flex in the screen (as in, I saw it bend as I lifted the screen) as well as the keyboard. I tried typing moderately fast on the keyboard and the screen would wobble from the force of my keystrokes, Apparently, in order to make it light MSI really cheaped out on the build quality of the thing. Cooling might also be a problem as there isn't a lot of room in the chassis to vent all that heat.

As for the Y50, I can only guess it feels similar to the y510p which, in my opinion, is much better built in both the chassis and the keyboard.

Hope that helps you (or anyone else) decide between them.

ubertome

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
I've tried the MSI GS60 Ghost in person, and it's definitely as thin and light as they say. However, I noticed a lot of flex in the screen (as in, I saw it bend as I lifted the screen) as well as the keyboard. I tried typing moderately fast on the keyboard and the screen would wobble from the force of my keystrokes, Apparently, in order to make it light MSI really cheaped out on the build quality of the thing. Cooling might also be a problem as there isn't a lot of room in the chassis to vent all that heat.

As for the Y50, I can only guess it feels similar to the y510p which, in my opinion, is much better built in both the chassis and the keyboard.

Hope that helps you (or anyone else) decide between them.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.