Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug its AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then boot it back up and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If these doesn't work install the latest BIOS update from MSI' Support site.
- Here's the link: http/download.msi.com/bos_exe/nb/E1771IMS.70G.zip (this if for Windows 8.1 64bit)
- Next is to do a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Nvidia graphics driver.
- Check Programs and Features and uninstall anything related to Nvidia.
- Next is to download and install the latest graphics driver.
- Here's the link: http/www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
- Reboot your laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot do test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
If all these will not work I would suggest reinstalling Windows.