MSI GT72 6QE Dominator Pro Crashing After Windows Login

OuTlAwTACO229

Estimable
Aug 15, 2014
So my laptop had this issue when I first bought it 2 weeks ago but it'd only crash once or twice and id be able to use it after the third try. Now every single time I turn on my laptop, log in and my desktop pops up, about 1 minute later the screen goes black for a second, I hear the fans stop and then the computer just shuts off. I've tried plugging it in and turning it on and vice versa. Nothing really seems to help and i dont know what's causing the crash. But it's literally making my computer unusable.

Solution
Was it crashing immediately after you bought it or only after changes were made? If the former, then you definitely should talk to the place of purchase or manufacturer.

However, if it only started after you made changes, (software or hardware) then you may want to try going into "System Restore" and try resetting it to a date prior to the changes made.

OuTlAwTACO229

Estimable
Aug 15, 2014

I'd rather not return it until I find out whether its a hardware issue or a software issue. I can fix a software issue. But I don't be sending something back just because of a small issue in windows or something, if you get what I mean.

Was it crashing immediately after you bought it or only after changes were made? If the former, then you definitely should talk to the place of purchase or manufacturer.

However, if it only started after you made changes, (software or hardware) then you may want to try going into "System Restore" and try resetting it to a date prior to the changes made.

Solution