msi GT72 dominator vs asus G751JT

juanpedro

Estimable
Mar 20, 2015
need help choosing a laptop.. hardcore games.. which laptop can i use for about5yrs and up? thanks!

asus n msi with same specs
both i7, 16Gb ram, 1Tb + 256gb SSD goodness..

msi with GTX970m 6GB
asus with GTX970m 3GB

which is better? TYIA

Solution

Actually forget what I just said in the last post, I missed the part about you wanting the laptop for about 5 years. In that case, you might want to consider getting the one with GTX 970m with 6 GB because as time progresses, newer games that are going to released may require a lot of VRAM. But today, 3 GB is enough and 6 GB is overboard.

The difference in performance is how much more data can be processed such as larger texture and anti-aliasing etc. As of currently, 3 GB is well suited for that, but if you are looking to keep the laptop for...

juanpedro

Estimable
Mar 20, 2015

thanks.. how bout GTX970m 3gb vs gtx970m 6gb? whats d diffrence when it comes to gaming performnce?

learningbitbybit

Estimable
Jan 15, 2015

Actually forget what I just said in the last post, I missed the part about you wanting the laptop for about 5 years. In that case, you might want to consider getting the one with GTX 970m with 6 GB because as time progresses, newer games that are going to released may require a lot of VRAM. But today, 3 GB is enough and 6 GB is overboard.

The difference in performance is how much more data can be processed such as larger texture and anti-aliasing etc. As of currently, 3 GB is well suited for that, but if you are looking to keep the laptop for up to 5 years, then you might want to consider the 6 GB. Right now, 6 GB is only good for handling multiple monitors and HIGH HIGH HIGH RESOLUTION monitors.

Solution