MSI gt72 vs ASUS g750jz

Y_u_be_like_dat

Estimable
Aug 9, 2014
I was almost ready to buy the ASUS g750jz and then i stumbled upon the MSI gt72.

I'm really confused, brcause a lot of my friends tell me that i should still get the ASUS regardless of the better specs the MSI laptop has.
So i looked it up and i found some minor problems that could occur.

But still i need an opinion of others that may know more about this.
(My friends said that the gt72 isn't performing as it should with the specs it has.)

So which one should i get?

link to where i'm buying it from:
http://www.laptopshop.be/product/501118/msi-gt72-2pe-029nl-dominator-pro.html
http://www.laptopshop.be/product/470501/asus-rog-g750jz-t4140h-be-azerty.html

Solution

It should be able to play the next gen games for a long time at those settings.

Bolin

Estimable
Sep 8, 2014
Not everyone speaks dutch

Anyway, differences are +4GB memory (you can always add more memory), 4710hq vs 4700hq CPU (you won't probably notice the difference), 2 usb 3.0 ports (4 vs 6 ports), display port (vs mini display port, I believe both have HDMI though), 1 more cell battery (8 cells vs 9 cells), 4GB more vRAM (you will probably not notice a difference), -600g (This is by the advertised weight. Although MSI's components should make it a few grams heavier the material the case is made of is probably lighter).

The MSI should be better based solely on specs. However, the Asus should have better cooling which means the CPU/GPU won't throttle itself because of heat (or it'll throttle itself less than it'd on the MSI)

Y_u_be_like_dat

Estimable
Aug 9, 2014

Is GPU/CPU throttling that bad after al on a laptop?

Bolin

Estimable
Sep 8, 2014

It all depends on the model Some models will suffer from throttling because of the heat and some with better cooling system won't. Some models with very good cooling will max at 60 while running games like watch dogs and some will run at 90C or more.

Out of the 2 I would still go with the asus as it is cooler, and less hot than the msi. The asus seems to handle heat a lot more than the msi but that could be due to the bulky build. The performance difference between the 2 shouldn't be that much in games though. They both have good specs and will play games at ultra settings. But this is all from reviews. I have never actually owned a rog series laptop but I have currently one of the n series laptop and it handles games quite well.

Y_u_be_like_dat

Estimable
Aug 9, 2014

But will my laptop be able to run the next graphically demanding games until the new consoles come out on medium-high settings with 30-40 fps?

Y_u_be_like_dat

Estimable
Aug 9, 2014

Well because I already ordered it from my electronics store. And there isn't really a fixed date for the 980 yet.
P.s. I need it before AC unity comes out!

Bolin

Estimable
Sep 8, 2014

it was released yesterday

It should be able to play the next gen games for a long time at those settings.

Solution