Solved! MSI GV62 8RD-034 Laptop frustrations, possibility for an upgrade?

Fallen29

Estimable
Jun 26, 2014
I purchased this laptop on a whim and a recommendation from a friend and after a few months with it, I am underwhelmed.
This is the laptop. https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GV62-8RD...330&sr=8-1&keywords=msi+laptop+gv62+8rd+-+034

I use it mainly for school work(taking notes and browsing the web), I tried playing games on it but its too laggy for me. I have a few programs installed (Google chrome, Microsoft Word, some anti-virus and Kindle). I don't quite understand why this laptop is performing so slow, it says I have 8 GB of ram and 7.85 GB of it is usable. My friend told me I could upgrade my RAM but I wanted to know is it even possible for me to upgrade the laptop? The processor seems decent, but maybe a change in RAM or maybe a SSD would help overall performance?

Any advice would be great. Thanks

Solution
That is a good system, need some specifics here about what is slow exactly. Games should also be fine on it, assuming the video card setup is correct and you are playing with the system on wall power. According to the link you put in, there is already a small SSD for the OS. 8 GB of RAM is also OK for most things.

You really need to add some better details about this slowness, what are you comparing it to and how? Did you run some benchmarks?
That is a good system, need some specifics here about what is slow exactly. Games should also be fine on it, assuming the video card setup is correct and you are playing with the system on wall power. According to the link you put in, there is already a small SSD for the OS. 8 GB of RAM is also OK for most things.

You really need to add some better details about this slowness, what are you comparing it to and how? Did you run some benchmarks?

Solution