MSI GX660R battery charger failure? Or charging port failure? :S

lilpopjim

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
Hi.
Long story short, the battery charger for my MSI GX660R Gamming Laptop's charger has started to fall on me.

It will only charge if i wiggle the charger connector, and constantly realign the male connector, with out that external 'influence' the laptop will fail to charge. So in it's present state, i can't use the laptop it's self as it can't receive a charge. Thus making it useless!

Everything is under warrenty as well. I've had the laptop little under 9 months.

I don't know weather if it's the charging port on the laptop It's self which will need replacing. Or if i can go out and buy another charger with the same Ampage and Voltage giving it the same power output rating.

I want to sell my laptop also. If i RMA it it may take sometime to deliver, get fixed, then ship back etc. and i'm going to New York for a week in 2 weeks so i want to get it sorted by then as i'm planning on purchasing an ASUS Transformer Prime before i go as i barely use the laptop as it is.

So is it the Port in the laptop. Or the charger :S Shall i file for an RMA? Or buy a new charger?

Thanks for anyhelp in advanced! Lewis.

lilpopjim

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
Sadly, no. (None with the same adapter port anyways) thanks anyways. Think i'll just RMA the damn thing and wait a month or something.