Status
Not open for further replies.

NG7

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
The Q R and D keys on my MSI GP62 6QF laptop keyboard are not working.

If it helps, my Windows 10 64-bit is up to date, I've updated all the drivers in Device Manger and my BIOS is version E16J5IMS.10F, 21/01/2016. There appears to be a newer BIOS (at least the date is newer) on my laptop model's MSI support page but I haven't tampered with the BIOS yet as I know it can be dangerous.

Is there anything that can be done from a software point of view? E.g. updating BIOS, reinstalling certain drivers, etc. Or else is it possible to remove the key caps of those specific keys and re attach them, in case something wasnt right underneath? I haven't tried removing the key caps as I wasn't sure whether they were meant to be removed and didn't feel like breaking anything.. Also I would prefer not to open up the laptop and tinker with the insides, although from research I do know that a suspected cause may be a loose ribbon or connector.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Solution
a BIOS update would not get broken keys working on a keyboard. if you have tried another keyboard and all the keys are working on it then it is the keyboard that is defective
Status
Not open for further replies.