Msi laptop speaker static

Ninacan

Commendable
Oct 8, 2016
I just bought an MSI laptop. Everything has been fine until all of a sudden my speakers started sounding like static..it happened right after I got a notification that my battery was dying...so I plugged it in and speakers went to crap. It only happens when I play games. When i YouTube or stream the speakers are perfect. I've tried uninstaling and reinstalling the sound driver...but that didn't work. Would appreciate some help!

Solution
I just had the same problem my was resolve by Device manager: sounde, video and controllers tab. Disabling nvidia high defintion audio then reseting computer

Nina_13

Commendable
Oct 8, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Nina_13 : "MSI laptop speaker crackling"

I just bought my laptop a few days ago and my speaker started making this crackling noise all of a sudden. It only happens when I play video games. YouTube, streaming...speakers work perfectly. I noticed it happened when I got a notification that my battery was dying while playing a game..so I plugged in my battery and poof! speakers went to crap. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the sound drive...it did not work. Would appreciate some help! Thank You!

jacob_134

Commendable
Nov 29, 2016
I just had the same problem my was resolve by Device manager: sounde, video and controllers tab. Disabling nvidia high defintion audio then reseting computer

Solution