Solved! MSI laptot with broken screen won’t show display on MSI monitor or Sony TV

Jan 30, 2019
Hello a while back my laptop screen broke so I connected it to my tv with an HDMI core and it was working but then I did something and then the screen stopped showing up on the tv. The half a year later I did something to try and fix it and it was working again. But now just recently I accidentally put my laptop to sleep instead of shutting it down and now it won’t show any display on the tv. I trying buying a new monitor by the same company but still doesn’t show any display. Can someone please help me.

Solution
Did you fully shut it off and turn it back on again or are you trying from sleep mode? Hold in the power button for about 20 seconds, see if it will turn on after that. You may need to use the hotkey on the laptop to swap to the other display.
Did you fully shut it off and turn it back on again or are you trying from sleep mode? Hold in the power button for about 20 seconds, see if it will turn on after that. You may need to use the hotkey on the laptop to swap to the other display.

Solution