MSI PE60 Power & Display Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 24, 2018
I have MSI PE60 Laptop, I am facing an unusual issue with the laptop.

When I turned on the laptop - the keyboard lights get on put the LCD is totally blank, as well as I connected to an external monitor but no response.

I have sent the laptop to MSI repair center but when they received it was working fine & those guys weren't able to replicate the same issue, so they returned it back to me as it was in working condition.

As I received the laptop again, it was working fine but yet again after 2 - 3 days, the same issue started, keyboard lights come on with a blank screen. I tried again with plugin charger & other things, it started working normal.

But now it's a routine like I have to wait or keep trying different stuff to turn it on.

Is there any proper way to troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks

Solution
It could be one of a few things. The display is going bad/damaged. The cable that connects the display is damaged/bent/pinched/going bad and needs replacing. The cable that connects it is loose and needs to be disconnected and reconnected. Or the GPU is going bad, which could mean it or even the motherboard would need replacing.

If it is under warranty, you need to contact them again about it. If it isn't under warranty, you can go through them, a local tech or try doing the work yourself.
It could be one of a few things. The display is going bad/damaged. The cable that connects the display is damaged/bent/pinched/going bad and needs replacing. The cable that connects it is loose and needs to be disconnected and reconnected. Or the GPU is going bad, which could mean it or even the motherboard would need replacing.

If it is under warranty, you need to contact them again about it. If it isn't under warranty, you can go through them, a local tech or try doing the work yourself.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.