Question mtg24 monitor question

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
i got a mtg24 monitor off ebay on the back it has my technology geeks mtg24. i found a website but the info sales and support do not work or for me i get the emails back.

anyway i connected it to my hp elite ryzen 5 pro laptop and it is a bit out of focus and the pc tells me 1920x1080 is the recommended resolution but that is so zoomed in that the left side icons are off to the left so much i can just about see the second row. also the task bar is so low that i can just see the top black of it.

i tried to reset the monito and it will not reset and the horizontal zoom and vertical slider on the monitor are shaded so i can't adjust them. and i also went into the pc display settings and tried to reset the dpi too 100 and that will not correct it i i do a higher number the screen zooms more. now i have 1600x1250 and i get a good width but the height is a bit short. everything looks short and wide.

does anyone have this monitor and help me find a driver for it. now the driver is an amd vega8 driver and i do not think that is correct for this monitor.

this is the listing i got it from ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/404716645713

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
this is from your reply it did not show when i clicked the link in fact none of the questions you game me came up here

( " It seems like you're experiencing display issues with your MTG24 monitor connected to your HP Elite Ryzen 5 Pro laptop. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the problem: ")

i tried to update the driver but i can't find one for this monitor
i tried different resolutions and the only one that gives me the whole screen filled in is 1600x1200 and then everything is short and fat

the monitor settings will not let me change the screen size all i can do is move the menu change brightness etc i have other montios and those will let me make the screen narrower of let me change the vertical size. this one will not. i also reset it and that fails

it is a new hdmi cable and i just put another new cable that i pulled the caps off it. i know the pc hdmi port is good as it worked perfectly on the dell i just took off. i took that one off because it took up a bit more room than i can spare. but i may have to put it back if i can't get this one to work.

i do not know for sure the mfg. it has mtg on the front i got it from ebay and it does have a 30 day return i may do that. the data tag has mtg24 and the name my technology geeks on that tag but i went to that site and there contact us emails all come back not deliverable in the listing it has lg ips i went to lg and they do not have this that i can find. maybe some good researchers here can help.

i do think it is the driver. as the unit has speakers and they do not work i had to turn parts of the audio off so the pc speakers would come back on.
thanks

Condition
Used
Seller Notes
“Does NOT come with stand or power cord.”
Brand
MTG
Screen Size
24 in
Display Type
LED
Refresh Rate
75 Hz
Color
Black
Model
75Hzmonitor
Features
Full HD, Energy Saving
Product Line
LG IPS
UPC
Does not apply

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
ok this may be an update. i was messing around and while on the desktop i went to display and went into advance again and this time i found refresh rate and i changed it from 59.5 hz to the 75 hz it was advertised at and the screen came back as i expect it should be i can see the complete screen in the recommended resolution . so i change that around and that made the resolution go all over the place. wow i will use it like this today als it seems to be a bit more clear. i will have the wife take a peek later when she gets up and see if she agrees. and them stop back and let you all know as that may be a fix for others. thanks