Multi Monitor Ultrabooks

JosLake

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
Hello,

Could anyone recommend a good ultrabook (13inch) that could power 2-3 desktop monitors, looking to completely replace my desktop.

Other Bonuses:
Touch Screen
SSD
Strong processor (i5 or better)
Lots of RAM

While I know it won't come cheap, price is some what of a factor

Thank you,

JosLake

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013

Primarily business applications, multi-tasking and presentations. I would really like to use 3 monitors

If for a bit more it just so happen to game, I would not be opposed to it either :)

JosLake

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013

Thank you, definitely within budget, however I really do not want to go higher than a 13 inch, as well, I need to know that it can handle outputting to 3 displays.

ihog

Honorable
May 22, 2012
Joslake, are you trying to use 3 monitors including the laptop's or 3 monitors besides the laptop's? Because the laptop RazerZ suggested can only do the former.

JosLake

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
Thank you for your assistance, my research says not possible without DP as an output which limits the 13 inch options, I eventually went with a Yoga2 13 inch that has a 4K screen, just finished testing the LG Ultra wide 34 inch, and an LG 4k 40 inch.

Both monitors are superb, however I like to work with a lot of realestate, the 40 inch works surprisingly well and is amazingly compact with the small bezel. Solution, 40 inch 4K screen, I may get a 27 inch in the future for portrait mode to have chat or email open permanently, remains to be seen.

Thank you those that replied.

I do have a second question if anyone knows the answer: I want to use/keep both monitors question here http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2461839/monitor-monitor-extended-desktop-mode-configuration.html

realent

Estimable
Mar 7, 2015

I am trying to purchase a laptop to use as business computer with 3 external screens for real estate. Can you share what you found out regarding video cards etc? I would also like to know what set up you are currently using.

I am leaning towards a gaming laptop.