Multi room wired speaker system to wireless for legacy stereo system

caflaf107

Estimable
Oct 29, 2014
I just moved and had in wall speakers with a control box at my other house for a regular old fashioned stereo component system -- it all worked great . I want to set it up again in my new house in multiple rooms with wireless speakers. I left all the wiring in the wall but brought my control box. Can I use the same control box for wireless speakers -- I don't want the expense of installing wired speakers in the wall upstairs and in the basement and the dining room along with the family room where the system sits? If not - what type of control box and speakers do I buy -- I'm price conscious and want good quality but it doesn't have to blow me away. I would like to have streaming radio/music available now as well which I didn't have before.

Solution
You can use the same control box as your speaker terminals will go to the speakers transmitter, then the reciever would plug into the speaker (if not built in to the speaker housing).

As far as what speakers to buy I dont mess with wireless speakers so I cant tell what is good or not. Naturally if you are having many speakers throughout the house you will be sending out a lot of RF so you unless they are all supposed to play the same music all the time you will need to get speakers that have adjustible frequency bands or addresses so that way the upstairs speakers know which signal is theirs vs the basement speakers.
You should also make sure it is using a freuqency band that is not going to interfer with any other wireless devices in...
You can use the same control box as your speaker terminals will go to the speakers transmitter, then the reciever would plug into the speaker (if not built in to the speaker housing).

As far as what speakers to buy I dont mess with wireless speakers so I cant tell what is good or not. Naturally if you are having many speakers throughout the house you will be sending out a lot of RF so you unless they are all supposed to play the same music all the time you will need to get speakers that have adjustible frequency bands or addresses so that way the upstairs speakers know which signal is theirs vs the basement speakers.
You should also make sure it is using a freuqency band that is not going to interfer with any other wireless devices in your house.

Solution