Multiple issues with Acer V3-572G

icewavezero

Honorable
May 3, 2012
So I've gotten the Acer V3-572G (win 8.1), great laptop. But there's two main problems:

[strike]1. Online it says there's a microphone (I assumed there would be one as well since there is a webcam). Problem is that I can't seem to get it to work. It recognizes in my sound tab that there is a microphone but then says it's based on the 3.5mm jack on the laptop. I (probably poorly) assumed there would be a normal internal microphone?? There is only 1 3.5mm jack so I can't use a headset. Am I stuck with having to either buy a splitter or be forced to only being able to use my headphones or a microphone at a time? Is there simply a problem with the internal mic?[/strike]
-Update: Tried reinstalling drivers a second time and everything seems to work although my computer gave me a message telling me my drivers weren't what the computer wanted. Sound/mic works so I ignored it and no more problem here!

2. I HATE this tap to click. Normally I assume that you could just turn this off in settings, but I can't find a area for the trackpad let alone a button to turn off tap to click. I've spent a long time looking online, there's no real solution as it seems. In the hardware and devices tab in the control panel there is no "trackpad" connected, simply a picture of the laptop that if I right click I can go to normal mouse settings. No mention of tap to click or anything trackpad related.

Any solutions?

icewavezero

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Found this in the settings area of Win8 under Mouse&Trackpad.

Near the bottom of the screen there's the option to turn off the trackpad while you type and for some reason in the dropdown menu I can disable taps completely. Ridiculous, but I guess that's where Acer decided to put that option.