Multiple sound input options on desktop computer

Lauralynn

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014
I have a dilemma,

I use my custom built desktop as my home media center because for a college student it's easy. I personally use my Astro A50's for most gaming/listening to music. However when I'm doing homework or walking around the apartment I love to use my creative T3150w speakers.

The situation is that my astros wireless transmitter and the creative speakers both use the green AUX cable on my motherboard. My temporary solution was to use the bluetooth pairing on my computer so I wouldn't have to go under my desk (my computer stays stashed in the very back so it's a pain to swap cables). The only problem with this is whenever I don't use the bluetooth speakers for a certain amount of time I always have to re-pair them with my pc by pressing the button on the subwoofer (which is just as far back as the pc) and sometimes I have to power cycle for it to even pair with my computer (pairs with my other wireless devices easily)

I'm looking for a solution for either some kind of troubleshooting as to why I'm having so much trouble with the bluetooth not easily connecting to my windows 8.1 machine (as it does so easily with my macbook, iphone and ipad)

OR

Some kind of cost effective audio switch (not a full switchboard, something small possibly even an adapter) or some other creative way to have multiple aux inputs without breaking the bank.

All suggestions are appreciated =)

Lauralynn

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014
Sometimes the simplest answers are the best, for some reason I didn't think the audio signal could be split without degrading quality but now that it's brought up I should have thought of it myself.

Thanks!