Multiple WebCams Into a Single one

Monttanha

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a software that can receive multiple webcameras input and actually converge it into a single video stream and simulate that single video stream like it's a webcam.. Sounds confusing?

I'm working on a MultiTouch device with reacTIVision software and I need it to run with multiple camera input. The problem is that reacTIVision only offers support to one camera input and softwares like stichrv are MAC only (im running under windows). So, since I can't find a software like Stichtrv to do the job for me, I'm looking for a software that can receive multiple cameras input, get them togheter into a single video and make the computer think that the single video is actually beeing received from one webcam, so then I could pass that to my software.

Anyone ever heard of a software that could do such thing?
Or can anyone actually get stitchrv to work under windows?

Big thanks to everyone.

billfarrell7

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011

I am looking to do this same thing.
I need to combine two webcams into one webcam and use into one webcam for use in another program

olugbone57

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011

Hey Did U use another camera or did U use a ps3 camera

Monttanha

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
The software I use for the multitouch solution (CCV - Community Core Vision) supports multiple cameras nowadays, so I can actually choose either the codelabs one (only works with a PS3 webcam, but that is an excellent camera if you consider its price) or pick up any other webcam on the market, even various cameras from different brands, and stich them using CCVs own solution.

olugbone57

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011

Thanks Monttanha, I have tried the CCV. I am actually trying to use 2 Webcams to give one image for a Video conferencing. I was wondering if you had any ideas how to do this. I need the two webcams to converge and give and video with an improved resolution. I think StitchRV does this but as earlier mentioned it can only do this on UNIX systems i need it for Windows

Monttanha

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
If you are into programming, you could have a look at CCV's source code and get the part where they stich the cameras. Besides that I wouldn't know how to solve this problem, sry =/

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Katsugeo Apps General Discussion 1
B Apps General Discussion 2
D Apps General Discussion 1
P Apps General Discussion 2
S Apps General Discussion 4
john vitz Apps General Discussion 5
P Apps General Discussion 2
A Apps General Discussion 1
bokrael Apps General Discussion 1
C Apps General Discussion 1
M Apps General Discussion 8