Music Royalties Body Threatens Singing Store Clerk

Status
Not open for further replies.

sstym

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
In the next news, Narang Medical Ltd., manufacturer of enemas and d****ebags is suing the PRS for unfair competition.

leo2kp

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
Really??? How about this...because athletes and singers breathe harder and exhale more carbon dioxide than the average person, I think we need to start charging them CO2 emission fees. What does everyone think?

djcoolmasterx

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2007
[citation][nom]kelfen[/nom]I smell violation of free speech; bloody music industry[/citation]

Free Speech(c) is a copyrighted term that requires you to pay a royalty fee to use in publicly accessible website.

leo2kp

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
I have an idea, why don't we take them to court and say that their statements were actually song lyrics that you wrote up earlier this week and that they "sang" it in monotone, and now they owe us royalties for posting our lyrics on news sites.

pooflinger1

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
Seems like a LOT of companies have been making very bad publicity moves lately. Lets see, we have the PRS threatening people who sing in public, yahoo providing free lap dances, Pepsi's iphone app... Sounds to me like alot of public relations people need to be fired and/or sent back to school.

G

I agree with you leo2kp, I'll even extend it to musical concerts, holly wood awards shows. I would ban re-runs and demand that these actors who feel fit to preach to us how to live, have to pay their fare share of carbon taxes! In fact I think if the "Carbon Tax" must happen it should only effect industries that provide non-crucial services, such as entertainment.

[citation][nom]kelfen[/nom]I smell violation of free speech; bloody music industry[/citation]
It's Scotland. Free speech is taken for granted based on centuries of common practice, not protected by written law.

slapdashzero

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
What I'd like to know is: How did they know she was singing? Did someone snitch? Do they have ninja spies everywhere? She was singing to herself, the back of isle 5 or somewhere, and they want to fine her for singing to herself. That seems more like an invasion of privacy than anything else, sheesh.

leafman420

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
You know what, you put a song on a media and sell it to ppl, means it's public and fuck they need to see this. Singers and Actors need to get out there and work like the rest of us and stop think there crap don't stink. Oh yea I'm glad she still gets to sing.. One last thing companies are taring this world of ours apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.