My 42" hisense lcd flat screen TV comes on until display on screen comes on then it goes off. What do I need to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bear78

Prominent
May 11, 2017
What do I need to do to my Hisense 42 inch LCD flat screen if my power button turns it on but as soon as it displays Hisense on the screen it goes right back off. At first it is red light when the power is off when I hit the button it turns green Hisense displays on the screen and immediately the TV turns off what could be the matter with my television

Solution
By unplugging the TV for an hour or more you have done a power reset. If this power reset does not allow the TV to turn on component failure is indicated. These sets are assembled using the wave soldering process they are known for having cold solder connections. The safety circuitry shuts the TV set down or will keep it from turning on when it detects a problem. This model of TV has over 2,000 parts, which includes millions of transistors inside the integrated circuits. The capacitors will change value, leak and become defective. Resistors will change value and burn. Diodes and IC can go bad. This may have a domino effect and cause other parts to fail. Replacing one defective part may make the TV operate for a short time but the part...

YoAndy

Commendable
Jan 27, 2017
By unplugging the TV for an hour or more you have done a power reset. If this power reset does not allow the TV to turn on component failure is indicated. These sets are assembled using the wave soldering process they are known for having cold solder connections. The safety circuitry shuts the TV set down or will keep it from turning on when it detects a problem. This model of TV has over 2,000 parts, which includes millions of transistors inside the integrated circuits. The capacitors will change value, leak and become defective. Resistors will change value and burn. Diodes and IC can go bad. This may have a domino effect and cause other parts to fail. Replacing one defective part may make the TV operate for a short time but the part will fail again if the parts that caused the failure to begin with are not replaced. The only way to know for sure which parts that are no longer within factory specs and for a proper repair all the electronics must be diagnosed by someone with the correct electronic test equipment specifically designed for TV service and the skills to use the test equipment. I wish I could tell you there was a quick fix or button to push that would fix the TV but that is not the case or the solution needed to get the TV operating correctly.
Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them.

Solution

YoAndy

Commendable
Jan 27, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Bear78 : "Hisense powerup problem"

By unplugging the TV for an hour or more you have done a power reset. If this power reset does not allow the TV to turn on component failure is indicated. These sets are assembled using the wave soldering process they are known for having cold solder connections. The safety circuitry shuts the TV set down or will keep it from turning on when it detects a problem. This model of TV has over 2,000 parts, which includes millions of transistors inside the integrated circuits. The capacitors will change value, leak and become defective. Resistors will change value and burn. Diodes and IC can go bad. This may have a domino effect and cause other parts to fail. Replacing one defective part may make the TV operate for a short time but the part will fail again if the parts that caused the failure to begin with are not replaced. The only way to know for sure which parts that are no longer within factory specs and for a proper repair all the electronics must be diagnosed by someone with the correct electronic test equipment specifically designed for TV service and the skills to use the test equipment. I wish I could tell you there was a quick fix or button to push that would fix the TV but that is not the case or the solution needed to get the TV operating correctly.
Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them.

Status
Not open for further replies.