Solved! My 5 month old asus laptop's battery died. But How ?

Jan 10, 2019
Hey guys,

I've been typing this stiuation of mine everwhere i could find and here is the deal. I've bought an asus x542u laptop 5 months ago and everything was working perfectly until today. My laptop didn't get power when i push the power button even though it was charging all night. Then i've charged it a bit and the battery percentage was indicating %100. After that i unplugged the cord then i've got the same situation. I got in touch with the asus live chat support and the genius guy who "helped" me told me to "remove battery drivers from your os" as if it was gonna do something. Then I reached another support staff and told him the situation. He told me to drain static electricity of my battery by pressing the power button for 15 seconds while it's unplugged and shut down. I did it so and he told me to charge my computer for 4 hours to 6. So now i'm waiting till the midnight to see if it's gonna work -even though i don't think so-. If you guys any idea that comes up in your mind please feel free to share it with me.

Solution
Overcharging or a faulty charger can damage the battery. I once shorted the usb port of my laptop and that 15 sec power button press helped me. Ypu should do that too just in case that solves it, or else you need to get it checked at a service centre.

ron2456

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013
Overcharging or a faulty charger can damage the battery. I once shorted the usb port of my laptop and that 15 sec power button press helped me. Ypu should do that too just in case that solves it, or else you need to get it checked at a service centre.

Solution