My Acer Aspire 5750-6414 won't boot and says that I have no Windows on my computer.

Booyahman

Estimable
Nov 20, 2014
Now, I dropped it recently and I THINK I broke my hard-drive. But I was wondering if there are any other options I should try.
I plan on buying a new hard-drive and putting that in, but if that's a terrible idea let me know please.
Error message:
Assorted Coypright Info and then,
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable.
PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM.

We've (my father and I) checked the cable linking the hard-drive to the rest of the computer and there's nothing doing there, it's in well.
If there are alternative courses of action, let us know. Any question I can find the answer to will be answered.

Solution
"Media test failure" = You likely dropped the computer while it was running and destroyed the data on the HDD. Chances are, the HDD is shot as well and it just hasn't gone full-blown dead yet. It could, unlikely, be that the SATA cable simply is loose. But again, you dropped it, meaning it's much more likely that the HDD is shot and you'll need a new one (and an operating system to install) before moving forward.

Camar0ss

Estimable
Nov 19, 2014
"Media test failure" = You likely dropped the computer while it was running and destroyed the data on the HDD. Chances are, the HDD is shot as well and it just hasn't gone full-blown dead yet. It could, unlikely, be that the SATA cable simply is loose. But again, you dropped it, meaning it's much more likely that the HDD is shot and you'll need a new one (and an operating system to install) before moving forward.

Solution