My Acer Aspire E15 doesn't have a dvd player?

C_A_Confetti

Estimable
May 21, 2015
I was just wondering if anyone could help me out with a little situation. I'm not too sure if my Acer Aspire E15 laptop doesn't have a dvd player or if I just can't figure out how to open it. It doesn't have any buttons on the side that indicates open/close (it does however have a cover that's the same size as what the dvd player/slot would be, on the side). I brought this laptop so I could watch movies on it so it kind of defeats the whole purpose of having one without it. If this laptop doesn't come with that feature, does anybody know how much it would cost to get one put in (I live in Perth, WA)...thanks heaps in advance:)

Boogieman_WD

Estimable
Jul 31, 2014
Hey there, C_A_Confetti.

Unfortunately, according to the model's technical specs - it does not have an Optical Drive (e.g. DVD drive or Blu-Ray drive etc.). However you could still buy an external one, but I won't be able to help you with links an suggestions on that part. Perhaps you could take a look on the web, I'm sure you'll find a lot of results with deals on external Optical Drives.

Good luck!
Boogieman_WD

C_A_Confetti

Estimable
May 21, 2015

Alright I've got a disc drive already that can play blu-ray disc so I'll just use that for now and go to an actual computer place and see if I can find out if I can put one on my laptop, thank you though:)