Question My acer aspire V3 471G show lines and shutdown afterwards.

Jun 27, 2021
Please help me! I was watching utube when suddenly my laptop shutdown out of blue. As far as I remember, there is no program running background except chrome that i used to watch utube at that time. When I tried to switch on my laptop, my screen showed a weird lines and froze for a second before completely shutdown again. I'm doing this repeatedly using various method including changing supply lines.

Still, there is no sign my laptop will boot up at login screen. I will insert a picture or maybe a video to show how the problem occurs.

Here is link to picture and video.
Picture - https://giphy.com/gifs/h2THR1zTd2At8yI5jg

Video -
View: https://giphy.com/gifs/problem-shutdown-horizontal-lines-oQmAY8CZax0bAmtGi2

I hope this problem can be solved. If it do, I really hope it will be as soon as posibble.

Sorry for including external links earlier. I still not used to post at online forums. I think website has already been approved as source to media. But, I fixed it.

Last edited:
It appears that something in your graphics system is broken (not software). Hold down the power button for 15 seconds to do a reset and then try to restart. Do you see an Acer logo on startup (I assume you normally do). If you don't see anything except the video lines, try an external monitor.

Without seeing the laptop, my guess would be that you need to have it repaired and is not likely something you can do yourself, If you do decide to open the machine, make sure you have the service manual (you can likely find it on line) and follow the ESD procedures they will describe. Maybe someone else has a suggestion.

Reactions: Al Mady
Jun 27, 2021
It appears that something in your graphics system is broken (not software). Hold down the power button for 15 seconds to do a reset and then try to restart. Do you see an Acer logo on startup (I assume you normally do). If you don't see anything except the video lines, try an external monitor.

Without seeing the laptop, my guess would be that you need to have it repaired and is not likely something you can do yourself, If you do decide to open the machine, make sure you have the service manual (you can likely find it on line) and follow the ESD procedures they will describe. Maybe someone else has a suggestion.
Thank you for your opinion and I appreciate it. I did saw an Acer logo at the beginning and nothing seems to show any problem. However, after a few seconds when the windows logo start to show up with a little loading at the bottom of it, the problem is start to happening.

It seems to me too that this is likely something that I can not do by myself. Don't mind that because I just want know what the real problem is, so that I can sent it to repair centre knowing what is it to be the problem. But, if it something that I still can do, I would love to know more about the repairing that I can proceed.