my Acer desktop keyboard is playing up

masterchef17

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016
I have an ACER desktop PC with a wireless ACER keyboard.
When I type it either misses out some letters and then types multiple of the same letter, as if I were holding the key down.
Is this a virus? I have run my anti virus and it seems to fix the problem for a day and then it comes back.
I am not that tech-minded so no jargon please!
I just want to type my essays and emails without spellchecking every word!

Solution
Although this a a forum for laptops, lets see if I can offer some help.

It sounds a lot like there is either dirt, etc., stuck in the keyboard, making the keys get stuck when typing, or some liquid has gotten into the keyboard, which can cause this as well.

If you feel comfortable doing it, I would suggest opening up the keyboard, when the computer is off, and cleaning it out. If you don't' feel comfortable doing that you do have the option to replace it. However, cleaning it out is not as hard as it sounds. Just make sure it is totally dry (from what was in there already, or from anything you use in cleaning it) before you close it back up.
Although this a a forum for laptops, lets see if I can offer some help.

It sounds a lot like there is either dirt, etc., stuck in the keyboard, making the keys get stuck when typing, or some liquid has gotten into the keyboard, which can cause this as well.

If you feel comfortable doing it, I would suggest opening up the keyboard, when the computer is off, and cleaning it out. If you don't' feel comfortable doing that you do have the option to replace it. However, cleaning it out is not as hard as it sounds. Just make sure it is totally dry (from what was in there already, or from anything you use in cleaning it) before you close it back up.

Solution