My acer laptop 5560 isn't working. I get the start windows normally or launch startup repair. I have selected launch startup r

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsobrien

Estimable
Aug 6, 2015
My acer laptop 5660 isn't working. I get the start windows normally or launch start up repair. I selected start up repair. It is still going. It is saying checking files on system on C. The type of file system is NTFS. One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency. You may cancel the disk check but it is strongly recommended that you continue. CHKDSK is verifying files. What can I do.

terenz

Estimable
Aug 1, 2015
Could be a bad drive, or one developing bad sectors. Give chkdsk 2-3 hours, maybe even overnight, depending on size of drive especially if there are bad sectors.

You may want to backup the drive after you finish and think of getting a new one.

terenz

Estimable
Aug 1, 2015
Could be a bad drive, or one developing bad sectors. Give chkdsk 2-3 hours, maybe even overnight, depending on size of drive especially if there are bad sectors.

You may want to backup the drive after you finish and think of getting a new one.

mrsobrien

Estimable
Aug 6, 2015
Thank you terenz. It has been going for about 6-8 hours now. I will just leave it and hope for the best. It is saying recovering orphaned file into directory file. Thanks again and I will just hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Laptop Tech Support 3
M Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 39
R Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 4