My Acer laptop says no bootable device and says preparing automatic repair

Jan 16, 2019
Over the past month my laptop started getting hotter where the fan is located. I was on the net and the laptop just froze and I couldn't class click on anything. After a couple of minutes the screen went black. It stayed black for ages and I rebooted it, then it said preparing automatic repair, and said no bootable device.

Solution
The fan should only spin up when the computer reaches certain temperatures. If you can monitor the temperatures with software, and if you don't see/hear/feel the fan pushing out any hot air around 50 - 60 Celsius, then it has a loose connection or it's a bad fan.

Computer's are pretty smart; they'll shut down before anything gets "fried." Unlikely that heat killed the system, but there's a small chance.
Jan 16, 2019
An update to it, it shows my hard drive in the bios, but I think my fan stopped working I can't hear the fan, and the plastic starts Getting hot after 10 mins of the laptop doing nothing at all and might've fried my hardware. Could that be it?

The fan should only spin up when the computer reaches certain temperatures. If you can monitor the temperatures with software, and if you don't see/hear/feel the fan pushing out any hot air around 50 - 60 Celsius, then it has a loose connection or it's a bad fan.

Computer's are pretty smart; they'll shut down before anything gets "fried." Unlikely that heat killed the system, but there's a small chance.

Solution