my acer screen is black I hear the fans turn on and the power button turn on

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that I suggested to others who had the same problem.

- Do a hard reset, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then see if it will boot up normally.
- Next is to test the AC adapter and see if it's supplying enough voltage to power the laptop or better yet try another AC adapter that has the same voltage.
- If there are lights on the laptop indicating it's on, connect an external monitor again and see if you'll get a display because if you do that means it's the built in display that is faulty.
- Also do try and reseat the RAM, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are all seated properly into each slot.
- If all these will not work the problem lies in the motherboard of your laptop.

LPGreenGoblinDPK12931

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016
I slowly lost all functions to my laptop over about a 2 day period (tonight is the end of day 3). Yesterday I tried everything working on it ALL day. But about 30-40 minutes ago I seen something I didn't try, it failed nothing happened. (It was to take out the battery for 20 seconds like guy^^ said. I don't even understand how that would do anything especially if you turn it off first so I thought to myself and I said, "Self what more can happen to the thing I only have a black screen". I left the laptop on and took the power cord out then I took the battery out... Kinda to give it like a shock or surprise it or so it couldn't back up it's self idk what I thought but I left it out for a little bit got on fb and what not. well I came back to it and it had the start key symbol up and the loading circle thing going and I was happy thought it was starting up so I plugged it into my tv via hdmi cable and it's at 36% now. I don't know but it's progress. If yours is messed up what can go wrong? Try everything you can haha. I really hope I don't lose the pictures and videos of my dead father and grandmother and my daughter I've not seen in like 6 months. And I'm sure I would have if I went about it through the advanced boot option menu(which you get to by holding down "0" or "f10" when you turn off the computer/laptop.)