My Alienware 15r2, why is it running horribly

skivvies

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
Hi, I bought my alienware 15 in august of 2015. It costed 3000 dollars and was basically maxed out for performance. It is a great computer for videos and tiny games like minecraft(70-80fps) or Team fortress 2 (100-140fps) and Counter strike: Global offensive (80-100fps). I have an intelCore i7-4720HQ cpu, 16 gigs of ram, running windows 7 pro, an Nvidia GTX980m with a touchscreen 4k display. I also have a cooling pad for it and an external monitor and harddrive for games. I've had this laptop for under a year now and running games like GTAV at high is a breeze, but games like payday2, the crew, and saints row 4 all have to be running at LOW; and i still clock in at about 15-25 fps. I usually play offline, but if online i use an ethernet cable. Anyways I was just wondering if any of you gents and/or ladies could help me solve this problem, or tell me if i have to live with it and wait for a better computer. FYI i have also seen videos on YT of people with the exact same specs playing Saints row 4: Gat out of hell (a more updated and stressful version of sr4) and they have crystal clear super smooth gameplay at high and even ultra. I have to run it a low and i still get bad frames. Anyways, please help! Have a great night/whatever. Thanks alot!

Hi,

Please do try doing a clean install of the graphics card driver that may do the trick.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Nvidia graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to Nvidia.
- Once done, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot, do set Nvidia as the default GPU.
- Here's how: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2615/~/how-do-i-customize-optimus-profiles-and-settings%3F