Solved! my android act weird, pausing videos, turn on by itself, keyboard turn off when texting

bboy.hh

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
so recently i woke up , i notice something weird is happening to my phone , im using samsung j7 price, i woke up , i watched a video on youtube and it pause by itself, even video in gallery, and when my android screen turn off , it turns on sometimes, and i text my friend , while im typing keyboard turn off , i restarted my phone but nothing , any help please guys , much appreciated

Last edited:
Solution
Sounds like you could have something on the device that is the problem. Virus, malware, bad app, etc. It could also be the OS or hardware, but start with checking for the other first.

See if you can start the phone up in "Safe Mode" (instructions below). In there some things don't work, many apps won't work, but you can test/use some things to see if the problem pops up at all while in there. If nothing happens, no problems, while in "Safe Mode" then you know there is something messing with the device (virus, malware, bad app, etc.). However, if it happens even in "Safe Mode" then you are looking at an OS issue or hardware.

If it is fine in "Safe Mode" then you need to uninstall any new apps, any recent updates and check the device...
Sounds like you could have something on the device that is the problem. Virus, malware, bad app, etc. It could also be the OS or hardware, but start with checking for the other first.

See if you can start the phone up in "Safe Mode" (instructions below). In there some things don't work, many apps won't work, but you can test/use some things to see if the problem pops up at all while in there. If nothing happens, no problems, while in "Safe Mode" then you know there is something messing with the device (virus, malware, bad app, etc.). However, if it happens even in "Safe Mode" then you are looking at an OS issue or hardware.

If it is fine in "Safe Mode" then you need to uninstall any new apps, any recent updates and check the device for malware as well as viruses (they aren't the same).

If it is problematic in "Safe Mode" then you will need to consider either doing a "Hard Reset" or to have it looked at for hardware issues.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

To do a "Hard Reset"...

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your phone, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the phone...

1. Make sure that the phone is actually powered off.

2. Remove your SD card, if there is one in the device.

3. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

4. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".

5. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option.

6. When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.

7. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.

8. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.

9. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the phone.

10. If you took your SD card out in step 2, when the device is up and running again, reinsert the SD card.

Solution

bboy.hh

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018

If it is fine in "Safe Mode" then you need to uninstall any new apps, any recent updates and check the device for malware as well as viruses (they aren't the same).

If it is problematic in "Safe Mode" then you will need to consider either doing a "Hard Reset" or to have it looked at for hardware issues.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

To do a "Hard Reset"...

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your phone, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the phone...

1. Make sure that the phone is actually powered off.

2. Remove your SD card, if there is one in the device.

3. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

4. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".

5. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option.

6. When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.

7. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.

8. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.

9. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the phone.

10. If you took your SD card out in step 2, when the device is up and running again, reinsert the SD card.
sorry for the late reply
the problem actually occurs suddenly when i woke up
lets say sometime when im on facebook , sometimes when im in feed post , sometime it refresh the feed and sometimes crash * facebook has stopped working* this happened only when my phone do this issue with keyboard , screen turn on etc... i didnt try anything because i was busy with work , i wonder if i format or do software for my android fix the issue ,before i try anything

bboy.hh

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
I suggest you try the things I sent. "Safe Mode" first and if the problem stops in there then the "Hard Reset". You don't want to 'format' the device as that would require rooting it and then finding the OS for it. Which doing that can easily brick the phone.
ok will after i find the version software of my phone i updated it with newer software ,which is format , after formating , 3 hrs later the problem came back , i asked my cousin which he is a repair man for smartphone , so he said , its 80% screen issue , he didnt check it but as i mentioned to him its a screen problem , but the weird thing its suddenly happen when i woke up, and the problem occures every 3-5 hrs , which takes for 2 mins and its gone

bboy.hh

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
'format' the device as that would require rooting it and then finding the OS for it. Which doing that can easily brick the phone.
i didnt go to safe mode actually , because i wanted to try the newest software which is clean everything , but thank you for the tips really , so yeah thats what he said