My Android Tablet won't work! I think it's still on because it's warm, but the screen won't work for anything!

skittlz01

Estimable
Apr 27, 2015
I left my tablet on and put it under my covers of my bed before leaving to run errands because I was about to post something, but couldn't save it and I wasn't ready to post. I came back and I couldn't get the screen to show. It wouldn't charge either. I need to fix it by this weekend because I need to use it for something important. How do I fix it?

Solution
It seems most likely that it overheated and is broken as a result. Tablets need ventilation too, and leaving one running under a blanket was not a kind thing to do. You can try leaving it on the charger for a few hours and then doing a hard reset (method depends on the tablet - look it up in the manual).

Or it may need to be repaired, or it may be a total loss. Do you by any chance have copies of anything on it that you actually need, or if it's dead are you going to have to pay a lab to attempt to recover data from it?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.
It seems most likely that it overheated and is broken as a result. Tablets need ventilation too, and leaving one running under a blanket was not a kind thing to do. You can try leaving it on the charger for a few hours and then doing a hard reset (method depends on the tablet - look it up in the manual).

Or it may need to be repaired, or it may be a total loss. Do you by any chance have copies of anything on it that you actually need, or if it's dead are you going to have to pay a lab to attempt to recover data from it?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

Solution

skittlz01

Estimable
Apr 27, 2015

Thanks, and thankfully I don't have anything on it that I can't just redownload, or that isn't on my google drive. I'm going to try to take it to get it fixed sometime in the next few days. I'll be more careful next time about where I leave it before I leave in a rush.