my asus is stuck at 0%

Bebz__2112

Prominent
May 25, 2017
I've had my laptop for more than a year now. from the past few months it shuts off randomly but it doesn't happen so often and it gets back to normal anyways. But this past few weeks, my battery is stuck at 0%, when i plug out my charger, it turns off. It says charging and plugged in but it's just stuck there at 0. my laptop also randomly shuts off at middle of work now, sometimes it just sleeps i guess because when i turn it back on, my programs are still open. but sometimes it just really shuts off. what should i do?
i already tried removing the battery while it's plugged in, then slipping it back. i also tried uninstalling/reinstalling the microsoft acpi-compliant control method battery.
i use my laptop for gaming and CAD softwares and sketch-up and movies. do these things have something to do with how my laptop behaves now? my laptop is asus k550j, core i7

Solution
Well, it may well be the battery, it could be the charger or it could be both.

I would start with shutting it down and trying to charge the battery when turned off. If it will charge then, but won't when on, then I would look into replacing the charger. When they are damaged they will start to put out not enough power to both charge and run. Eventually they won't put out enough power to run it either.

If it doesn't charge, even when turned off, then I would look at replacing the battery.
Well, it may well be the battery, it could be the charger or it could be both.

I would start with shutting it down and trying to charge the battery when turned off. If it will charge then, but won't when on, then I would look into replacing the charger. When they are damaged they will start to put out not enough power to both charge and run. Eventually they won't put out enough power to run it either.

If it doesn't charge, even when turned off, then I would look at replacing the battery.

Solution

Bebz__2112

Prominent
May 25, 2017

thank you for your answer.
well i have tried charging may laptop while it was off, but it did nothing to the battery status. it was still 0%. right now i decided to just use the laptop without the battery while plugged in, like a desktop pc. it's no longer shutting of randomly. i guess it's okay for me to keep it that way while i save up for a new battery? i don't think i have any other option other than replacing the battery... ^^"