my Asus lap top charges the battery but it will not run on power alone.

Brian Bali

Commendable
Jul 19, 2016
I went away for a day and unplugged the power supply in case of a power surge due to thunderstorms.
When I returned the power icon next to the battery icon was not visible.
The battery gets charged but then the power icon disappears and the lap top is only running on battery power.
I have tried unplugging the battery and power and holding the power button but nothing happens...maybe my power cord is faulty?

I would agree that it could be the cord. Try a different cord on your computer and see if it works. If that is the case, then just replace your cord.

If that isn't the case, then it may be an internal issue, but I would not worry about that until after you check the cord.

I would agree that it could be the cord. Try a different cord on your computer and see if it works. If that is the case, then just replace your cord.

If that isn't the case, then it may be an internal issue, but I would not worry about that until after you check the cord.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
suhaib.ajaz03 Laptop Tech Support 0
V Laptop Tech Support 2
feems Laptop Tech Support 0
M Laptop Tech Support 0
N Laptop Tech Support 1
nerdyotter Laptop Tech Support 0
P Laptop Tech Support 1
Ryun1975 Laptop Tech Support 2
Silent_ Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 0
maybeits_jack Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 4
S Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 1
O Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 5
T Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question Laptop Crashes and start showing Blinking Orange Light when Sleep or Shutdown while Charging is on
Question shutdown when power charger is unplugged, turns on automatically when I put it. ASUS N580GD Laptop
Question Internal battery charging but not powering when not plugged in
Question fully charged li ion battery won't power computer
Solved! Dell power adapter cycles from detected to undetected every 60 seconds or so and battery tends to stay not charged
Question Battery slowly drains when plugged in; Won't run on just AC power
Question Dell Latitude E5540 only recognizes the power cord when the battery is removed. Won't charge.
Question Laptop won’t turn on after removing and putting back the battery
Question Dropped Laptop on the charging port side, while charging, now only powers the laptop and does not charge the battery.
Question Laptop doesn't power up and nor charge after removing battery
Question Huawei Matebook 13 Only Switching on when Charging
Why does my computer run slowly when plugged in with charger and works normally on battery?
Solved! Dell Inspiron 15-7559 Charger Port Damaged
Solved! Asus battery wont charge, and cuts out after few minutes of direct power from charger
Solved! My HP Spectre, battery is dead and it won’t charge. I tried a universal charger and that didn’t work either. Battery is
Solved! Hp ProBook 6470b plugged in charging but battery gets no power
Solved! my flex 10 is not switching on, the battery is not charging.
My Acer Aspire E 15 E5-573-31G2 is not working in battery power..my laptop turns on only when i charge it.whenever it is disco
Solved! hp G72 doesn't charge battery and doesn't power up if battery is roved
Solved! My asus x551m won’t turn on. It’s charged, the lights green, but no power up. The battery is internal, how can I get it to

ASK THE COMMUNITY