My Asus laptop turns on when it wants to...and someone told me it was on sleep mode...he change that setting and it turned on

Gloriasalime

Estimable
Jan 6, 2016
My Asus laptop turns on when it wants to...and someone told me it was on sleep mode...he change that setting and it turned on all the times I wanted yesterday...but today i has a light that indicates it has power...but it does not turn on...it takes a few hours for it to come back to life...I don´t know much about computers...need any help possible.Thanks

Solution
No worries. :)

If sleep is an issue, then for now I'd disable it all together. Press windows key + C to open the charms bar, go to settings, then go to control panel, type in the search power options and click on the power options icon in the search. Once there click the "change plan settings" on the power plan you have selected (I assume it's the balanced plan), and set sleep mode to Never.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your PC has issues sleeping but when it isn't, it works perfectly?

Gloriasalime

Estimable
Jan 6, 2016
Asus model R510LAV-SB51 with intel i5-421OU, 6GB, 1TB, running Windows 8. My english is not so good...sorry. A while ago...it decided to turn on...I really don´t know what it is happening...when it is on it works perfectly.
Thanks

No worries. :)

If sleep is an issue, then for now I'd disable it all together. Press windows key + C to open the charms bar, go to settings, then go to control panel, type in the search power options and click on the power options icon in the search. Once there click the "change plan settings" on the power plan you have selected (I assume it's the balanced plan), and set sleep mode to Never.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your PC has issues sleeping but when it isn't, it works perfectly?

Solution