My ASUS laptops spacebar, ` b, backspace, z, left ctrl, left shift and enter is not working properly.

Apr 9, 2018
They often take 20 - 30 presses just to register once. I have tried:
Reinstalling the keyboard driver
Turning the laptop upside down and tapping it lightly
My laptop maker is ASUS and the model is ATHEROS/AR5B225.

Please help, it's getting so bad that to the point it takes me a few minutes to write one sentence.

Solution
NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then disconnect the external keyboard and try the following...

If when you uninstalled the driver you did not reboot before reinstalling it would not work correctly. If that is the case, please try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try...
NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then disconnect the external keyboard and try the following...

If when you uninstalled the driver you did not reboot before reinstalling it would not work correctly. If that is the case, please try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

Solution