My Asus X555D alphabetical keyboard does not work, I can't type my password to logon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 17, 2018
I can't logon my laptop, number keys work, but, alphabetical keyboard does not. What can I do to get it started to uninstall the driver & reboot it?

NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then disconnect the external keyboard and try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

Jun 17, 2018
external keyboard did the same, ease of access onscreen keyboard the same, only numerical keys work. When I press any key narrator says "hidden". I'm waiting for the battery to die, to see if laptop resets. Last night I fell asleep while it was updating, in the morning battery was dead, I had to plug in the power supply to get started and updates installation was 96%, I used it all morning, turned it off around 1 p.m., at 6 p.m. I turned it on and This happened.

Jun 17, 2018
Good morning, it's doing the same thing, somehow alphabetic keyboard got locked, after so many login fails, laptop sends me a login code to be able to login again and keys work perfectly, but when typing on login screen it does it again, they don't work, only number keys work, so I can't login. Is there a function key I can press to bypass all this & go straight to settings to uninstall driver?

Jun 17, 2018
I can login using a pin number on other ways to login from login page, I uninstalled driver & rebooted but alphabetic keys still don't work for login, but work perfect for everything else. Alphabetic Keyboard is blocked for Login but once I login it works good. It's probably something simple. Will keep trying, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.