Solved! My battery randomly starts and stops while charging(starts to happen when battery percentage is over 80%) why?

Apr 24, 2020
I have a HP I3 6th Gen laptop since 2017. It worked perfect for 2 years and then its battery started to show some issues. It charged like 90% percent and then show me plugged in but not charging. I tried everything on the Internet but nothing worked. Then I replaced the battery. Then laptop only worked for like 4 months now when battery is over 80 it randomly stops charging and then few seconds later it starts to charge again. This happens nonstop... When I hover over the battery icon... It shows 82% but when I click the icon and then check, it shows 81%. It always shows two different values always hover value is greater than the percentage i get when i click it by 1%. This happened with my previous battery as well. I think same thing going to happen again. Can anyone know any proven method to fix this? Because I have a feeling that this might be a software issue not a hardware issue(When this issue started to occur my battery also tend to drain very fast.. Like 1% per two minutes) If you can give me a solution it would be great.

Solution
  1. turn off your laptop
  2. unplug the ac cord that is charging your laptop
3 remove your laptop battery (if you cant thats ok but if you can you can receive better results)
4.connect your ac cord to the laptop (DON'T PUT BACK THE BATTERY)
5.turn on your windows 10 and then log in
6.Uninstall all Microsoft ACPI compliant control method battery listings in device manager.
  1. Search device manager then click open
  2. click on batteries
  3. right click on one of them then click uninstall and do that for all of them (don't worry they reinstall right after)
  4. turn off your laptop
  5. remove the ac cord
  6. put back the battery
13.connect the ac plug into your laptop again
14.boot into windows 10
  1. for proof go to device...

Ray_The_God0

Great
Apr 23, 2020
  1. turn off your laptop
3 remove your laptop battery (if you cant thats ok but if you can you can receive better results)
6.Uninstall all Microsoft ACPI compliant control method battery listings in device manager.
  2. click on batteries
  3. right click on one of them then click uninstall and do that for all of them (don't worry they reinstall right after)
  4. turn off your laptop
  5. remove the ac cord
  6. put back the battery
14.boot into windows 10
  1. for proof go to device manager and you can see that they reinstalled automatically.
  2. turn it off and remove all cables connected to the laptop ( leave the battery in the laptop)
  3. discharge your battery and fill it up 3 times (meaning make your battery to 0 then charge it to 100 3 time for best results put in a cool room while you are doing that)! Your welcome! the reply looks weird cuz the thing changed it for me

Solution
Apr 24, 2020
  1. turn off your laptop
  2. click on batteries
  4. turn off your laptop
  5. remove the ac cord
  6. put back the battery
14.boot into windows 10
  1. for proof go to device manager and you can see that they reinstalled automatically.
  2. turn it off and remove all cables connected to the laptop ( leave the battery in the laptop)
  3. discharge your battery and fill it up 3 times (meaning make your battery to 0 then charge it to 100 3 time for best results put in a cool room while you are doing that)! Your welcome! the reply looks weird cuz the thing changed it for me
What do you mean by,
  1. turn it off and remove all cables connected to the laptop ( leave the battery in the laptop)
You mean i have to disable acpi... After it got reinstalled.? It's not clear please explain. Thank you for taking your time.

Ray_The_God0

Great
Apr 23, 2020
Sorry for the late reply, you need to remove cables like (keyboard, mouse) not the battery or the ac cord just leave the ac cord and the battery connected to the laptop.

Please reply if you need for help!;)